Saturday, September 19, 2009

Vent Window Latch

After weeks of staring at a rusty stub where the passenger-side vent window latch ought to be, I figured this weekend would be the time to address it. the only part that I had on hand from the purchase of the Volvo was the chrome latch handle.

Before: After:

I wasn't entirely certain of the components necessary to complete the job, however I was fortunate to have Mike Dudek of iRoll Motors identify and ship the needed parts ahead of this weekend's project. Turns out, the missing components were the plunger, spring, wavy washer, lock pin, and the black plastic push-button.

Before: Volvo 1800E Vent Window LatchAfter:

Ten rounds with the rotary tool rendered the used parts free of oxidization. Assembling the latch was a no-brainer 5 minute job. Now that the eyesore is gone, I can turn my head to the right without flipping my crazy switch!

Before: After:

No comments: