Sunday, October 18, 2009

Engine Compartment Hoses

I didn't really accomplish much on the Volvo this weekend as most of the time was spent working on cleaning and re-pumbling the backyard pond filter and winterizing both the main fish pond and the separate feeder fish holding pond by installing heaters - yeah ... don't ask. I did however, spend a little time cleaning the hoses in the engine compartment and restoring them to their original slick black finish with some application of Armor All rubber protectant.

Before: Engine Compartment Hoses - Before After: Engine Compartment Hoses - After

A small job that made a big difference! Anything to draw attention away from the "Antiques Roadshow" valve cover! At some point, I'll have to remove the valve cover to have it rechromed, but I've been a little apprehensive as I'm not sure what to expect during the removal process. Is it under pressure? Will it blow up in my face? What's under there besides valves? What's a valve? Is it full of oil waiting to leak all over the engine as I remove it? Are ninjas hiding under there? Just some of the things that keep me awake at night.

Before: Engine Bay Hoses - Before After: Engine Bay Hoses - After

3 comments:

airdrigh said...

send pics of your fish pond man...or better yet start another blog on it.. hehe

Robbie H Krishnan said...

Hi Jason, its Robbie... a friend of Jons... used to live out in Fresno.. years ago... I have 3 p1800 in Malaysia... a 1964 bull horn, a 1966 and a 1970 estate.. the estate set up is similar to your engine... its a piece of piss to fix and maintain... pick up a manual from pep boys.. most ppl end up converting the injection system to carburetors as its easier to tune and a lot more fun ....btw almost all the seals are made or wee made in Malaysia in kepong.... just bought my self a Volvo 121 2 door station wagon...

mkjtang said...

Robbie!!! Good to hear from you! Thanks for dropping by. I'd like to take a peek at your collection the next time I'm in town. Keep in touch.