Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Toys!

Well ... I went ahead and sprung for Kobalt's 7-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set. It's about time I graduated to some serious tools! No kidding - everything I've done on the Volvo thus far has been with a screwdriver, a single wrench that I've owned since my college days, a swiss army knife, oh ... and the rotary tool of course! These mechanic tools by Kobalt are really nice and I can't wait to go nuts on them this weekend! They cost more than other wrenches, but hey - if I do wreck the car with them, at least I'll look good doing it! At some point in the future, I'd like to add on to the tool collection Kobalt's 40-Piece Mechanics Ratchet Tool Set.

Before: Old Tools After: Kobalt 7-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set

4 comments:

BFA876 said...

Is that a rare 18th century Victorian era silver fork made by Smithy & Butler ?

mkjtang said...

Very good eye! Actually, it's an original 17th century King Louis XIV dining piece - but only on the weekdays. On the weekends, it's a door panel remover. You should see what I use to remove blown gaskets!

Unknown said...

I had wondered where that fork was? I was looking for it for the past few months!

mkjtang said...

Sorry Dad! I'll return it. Nows probably a good a time as any to come clean about the can opener and the blender ...