Saturday, November 28, 2009

Air Intake Grille

I've been spending a lot of the Thanksgiving weekend painting, priming, eating turkey, watching paint dry, sanding, repeat ... none of it worth any pictures. I thought I had the whole weekend planned out - sanding primer down on some components and spray painting a fresh coat of paint, when a neighbor caught me in the process of sanding and said "You know ... you'll get a much smoother surface by wet sanding that." Huh? Wet sanding? So now I'm back to square one, repriming, and googling "wet sanding." Well, at least I have these photos to put up. Somewhere between the 4th helping of turkey and watching paint dry, I busted out the Dremel rotary tool and went to town on the clips and fasteners for the air intake grille. Both the air intake baffle which has a fresh coat of paint from last week and the polished grille are now back in the Volvo.

Air Intake Baffle: Volvo P1800 Air Intake Baffle Air Intake Grille: Volvo P1800 Air Intake Grille

No comments: