Friday, January 15, 2010

Diode Wire Kit Has Arrived

The Diode Wire Kit from IPD has arrived. Unfortunately, it's not something that I'll need for my application. This kit is used to bypass the original single terminal ignition coil without having to cut into the armored cable for the ignition switch for P1800's up to 1968 (yes, I now know what the "armored cable" is). The PerTronix Flame-Thrower coil that I purchased has the conventional dual terminals, hence no need for this bypass. Here's a picture of the kit anyways before I send it back. It does come with detailed instructions on how to perform the surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered about that diode kit! Looks like you are doing a GREAT job but you should get the D-jet manual from IPD or other source so you won't be afraid of idle adustments, etc. As you already know, there is immense satisfaction in doing it your own self!
Walrus3, aka
George Downs
Bartlesville, OK

mkjtang said...

Waitaminute ... there's a manual still in publication for fuel injected P1800s?!! Thanks George for bringing to my attention. I definitely need it!