Thursday, January 14, 2010

"The Saint" Was Here!

Well actually ... a gentleman who calls himself "The Saint" left a nice comment on this blog yesterday, which led me to his website: www.saint.org - a tribute to The Saint and the works of Leslie Charteris. A tremendous amount of work has been done by the publisher of this website to amass such a collection of knowledge on the abovementioned subjects. Seriously, everything you need to know about Simon Templar including the iconic P1800 that Roger Moore drove can be found on this site. I am halfway tempted now to take a stroll down memory lane by renting old copies of The Saint television series on DVD. I say "halfway tempted" because the last time I did this with "Mork & Mindy" - it didn't go so well. In fact, it pretty much ruined everything!

I had fond memories of watching Mork & Mindy on TV as a child. I used to think Robin Williams was hilarious - and he was for me at that time. Somehow, after 3 decades of advancements in TV & movie making (not to mention changes in my own brain chemistry), it just wasn't funny anymore. That's why I avoid reliving my childhood "TV time" with The A-Team, MacGyver, or Knight Rider for fear of tainting that geeky glee in me when I think of those programs. Gilligan's Island is not on that list - in fact, the chinese translation for "Gilligan's Island" is "Lau Tze Sho". I did however watch the entire "V" television series from the 80's recently and it still "did it" for me - I still believe! So perhaps I should give The Saint a try ... or maybe just read the books ... but, I just bought that 50 inch Sony LCD ...

No comments: